FDFORMAT - Format Disks with higher Capacity
FEATURES OF FDFORMAT
FDFORMAT is a replacement for the DOS-Format program, which has the
1) Supporting 3л"-1.44 MB drives with any BIOS-Versions in ATs and
Clones. This saves you a lot of money, you would need for a new
2) Formatting and using of 720/820 kByte disks in AT 5м"-1.2 MByte
Drives using cheap double-density (DD) disks.
3) Increasing the capacity of your disks up to 300 kByte additional
4) Supporting 3л"-360 kByte format. This is useful, when you want to
make copies of 5м"-disks to 3л"-Disks using DISKCOPY
5) Enhance speed of your diskette I/O up to 100% with sector sliding.
This is a method of physical ordering sectors in a way, that your
drive is ready to read the next logical sector, when your head
advances one track.
6) Improved BOOT-Sector, which automatically boots from harddisk, if
the diskette in drive A: is not a system disk. This allows you to
leave the diskette in drive A:, when you reboot the system.
COMMENTS AND PROBLEMS
Comments, improvements, suggestions and problems may be sent to
Christoph H. Hochstoetter
Phone: +49 6421 14618 (voice/BTX)
E-Mail: HAMPE2@DMRHRZ11.BITNET (Bitnet/Internet)
Christoph Hochstaetter on 2:243/22 (Fido)